Sunday, January 29, 2012

the big 3-OH! i did as the romans do...

backtracking just a bit here, for my 30th bday (just a few days before technically) i treated myself to Rome, Italy.  I met up with Ingrid, also celebrating her birthday, along with her 2 friends, Catherine and Khanh... While I cant post all the pictures here, for reasons being that i lost them on my phone and the process is too long, i will share pictures of one of the best things there...the food! make sure your bellies are full, bcs looking at these made my tummy growl...

the pastries and sweets...
first off, i didnt even try a cannoli there.  blew my mind.  I did have tiramisu, tastes the same as anywhere else, except that you can really taste the liquer.  But what I quickly fell in like with is gelato.  I am not a gelato person, since gelaterias in vegas and oc are pricey for such a small, non satisfying scoop.  on my first day in Rome, i was alone for 6 hours.  I walked the streets and ate at this cafe by myself, Giuli's Cafe.  afterwards, i walked across the street and had me some gelato. I can't say it was love at first bite, because I picked creamy flavors that didn't suit my palate. but thereafter i chose fruit flavors that were perfect for the warm nights and days... a 2 scoop gelato there was like $2....TIP: go where the crowds are. Second off, NUTELLA EVERYWHERE!
                              image imageimage image
       image image
image image
      image image

not so bad to have desserts first, eh?

Birthday dinner food...
these next few pictures were taken at a restaurant in Rome, which is Michelin rated. I don't remember the name, but if you really want to know, i can ask.  i am not so aware of this Michelin business, but apparently it's only given to the best fine dining places.  the dinner here cost about $120-$150 USD for a meal consisting of i think 10 courses.  We went here to celebrate Ingrid and my bday.  Don't even ask me what I ate, because I dont think I could tell you.  All I know was that it was very delicious. Most of what I ate was prepared the way TV shows like Top Chef and Iron Chef prepares food. I mean, there was foam, sorbet (not the sweet kind), etc. etc. It was also my first time eating bone marrow and oysters (not a fan of either)...
image
the birthday girls!

image image image        
       image image image
image image image
it all looks so small, but by the end of the night, we were very full and happy....and sleepy.

pizzas, pastas and more!
what makes me very upset is that i took many pictures of my trip and of what I ate on my iPhone.  It's small, handy and fully capable of taking quick snap shots.  Being the manana person that I am didn't save the pictures, so that when my phone crashed, all my pictures from Rome were gone!  lost in cyber space never to be retrieved.  Breaks my heart to this day.   in any case, i must've had pizza every day for lunch and pasta for dinner. and caprese for breakfast...when in rome, right?
image image  image
       image image image image image image

im hungry....thats all for now! hope you enjoyed, as for me, i think im going to olive garden...

<3, jen

1 comment:

  1. The food looks great! Oh my gosh, so much food friend! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete