I Love Mexico....i have been there 4 times in my life. The first was for spring break back in college. What an experience. It wasn't real clubbing, but i think that was my deciding moment that clubbing was not for me. Open bar, of course, but there is something to be said when the Tequila guy of about 50 y/o licks the nipple of a 20 y/o. *shrug*, the next happened twice in one day - the first to visit Puerto Nuevo for lunch, then back again for dinner! Some of my funnest times were spent waiting to cross the border.
Recently, i went there on a Royal Caribbean cruise, a mini cruise actually from Friday - Monday. Went with my friends Gerry, Mel and Phil. i never posted the pictures, but i will now.
I was very surprised to see a thriftys here! i miss the $.39 scoop ice cream days...damn economy. It was very nostalgic to see this place, because my grandparents, Mommy & Daddy, would take us here as lil kids. good times....
This is a shrimp taco from La Bufadora or the blowhole....cant compare it to the carne asada street tacos in TJ and Rosarito...over priced, well not really, but more pricey than those places. This is a rainbow just as the blowhole...blew! so many rainbows to be seen...
just some of the food we ate....we shared a table with this couple from san diego. The girl was nice, the guy was bulimic...we think! otherwise when we didnt have a sit down meal, it was buffet style - sometimes good, sometimes ok but never bad.
i was ready for anything!
sadly though, in the way back to Long Beach, i was severely sea sick. I dont get motion sick easily - if i look at the motion. I am ok on planes bcs i can always look out the window. But on the ship, looking out the window was pitch black. I had to buy medicine from room service, and thankfully it knocked me out.
Muchas Gracias!
<3, jen
Finally pictures from your cruise to Mexico! Wow friend, the life vest? Hahaha...smh ;)
ReplyDeleteOh and..."Churros! Churros!" I agree. Fun times indeed!
lol, friend! maybe we will do it again sometime soon, its been almost 2 years!
ReplyDelete