Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday Post!!

When i was a little girl, i thought i had 2 birthdays.  I knew June 1st is my real birthday. However, i thought my 2nd birthday was June 6th.  WHY?  because for a few years in a row, my birthday parties were on June 6th, and as a child, I just didnt understand the need for two celebrations.  Naturally, i deduced that i had 2 birthdays.

SO TODAY...is my second 31st birthday...makes me 62?!?!   no, no...but yes 31.

I have to say that 30 going into 31 was a big...adventure, as much as it was a challenge.  In all these months and days that have passed, i came to further appreciate my blessings. I really am a very lucky and blessed girl.

I wanted to humble myself by not doing anything extravagant, like I had to celebrate turning 30.  let's face it, when i was 30 i looked pregnant, i was sick and averted a health crisis.  more on that later..

but i went home for the holiday weekend and celebrated my birthday in pieces.  My sister and I went to Disneyland and got annual passes!  super excited to go back...even if not weekly.  I had fun catching up with my friends from college. and while i made my actual birthday was low key, I really had a fantastic, fun and memorable day.  I received everything I needed.

in any case, here is something i put on my facebook that i would like to repeat here:

Turning a year older is like....peeing in your pants - everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth....Thanks for the wishes and greetings! Thanks to my parents who gave me life, and to my family & friends who showed me how to live it....♥


<3, jen

No comments:

Post a Comment